WHAT SHOULD YOU DO TO PREVENT SEXUAL ASSAULT?
· Always be aware of your surroundings.
· Stay in well-lit areas as much as possible.
· Walk confidently, directly, at a steady pace. A rapist looks for someone who appears vulnerable.
· Walk on the side of the street facing traffic.
· Walk close to the curb. Avoid doorways, bushes and alleys where rapists can hide.
· If you think you are being followed, walk quickly to areas where there are people and lights. If a car appears to be following you, turn and walk in the opposite direction or walk on the other side of the street.
· Be careful when people stop you for directions or money. Always reply from a distance and never get too close to the car.
· If you are in trouble or feel you are in danger, don't be afraid to attract help any way you can. Scream, yell or run away to safety.
· Always lock your car. Keep your car locked when you are away from it to keep someone from hiding and waiting inside.
· When you are inside the car, lock the doors for safety.
· Look inside and around your car before you get in.
· Be aware of other people in parking areas, especially those close to your vehicle.
· If you think you are being followed, drive to a public place or a police station to get help.
· If your car breaks down, open the hood or attach a white cloth to the antenna. If someone stops to help, stay inside your locked vehicle and ask them to call the police.
· If you choose to carry any type of weapon for self-protection, give careful consideration to your ability and willingness to use it. Remember there is always the chance that it could be taken away and used
Helpful Self Defense and Personal Protection Products
Pepper Shot 1/2 oz.
Pepper Shot 2 & 4 oz.
Pepper Shot Tri-Pack
Wild Fire 18%
Lipstick Pepper Spray
Pepper Spray Booklet
Mace Pepper Sprays
Michigan Approved Spray
Triple Action Sprays
Leatherette Key Chains
Hard Case Key Chains
Stun Master 100,000-300,000v
Stun Master 625,000v
Stun Master 775,000v
Cell Phone Stun Guns
Hot Shot Stun Guns
The Runt Stun Gun